So. I've been accepted to Pharmacy School. I received notification a bit ago, but I've been slow to make a post on it since I've been busy. The good news is that I'll be finally entering into the material that I've been interested in for so long. I'll have a new town to explore, albeit a small one, and I'll finally be forced to make new friends in the college experience. I love my friends, but I've been lazy about expanding my social circle.
The bad news, of course, is that I'll have very little free time in the next four years. I'm not entirely sure that that's bad news at all. At least I won't be bored with a lack of things to do as sometimes occurs now. I'm certain to miss my free time, though. Just the other night I was feeling restless, so I drove downtown and walked around for a few hours. Downtown Austin is a bit different late on a Thursday night. I know enough to guess what drug someone is on just by walking past. Usually it's excessive amounts of alcohol, but there were some others on more illicit things.
People are so interesting. That's de facto the reason I don't want to be in contact with lots of people daily at a pharmacy. I've been missing out by not really exploring the city sooner. Such is life, though: a series of choices that close some opportunities while opening others. I would never have the focus for my coursework if I were willing to go out all the time. I doubt I'll have that much time on another weeknight this semester.
I'm looking forward to change. I'm a touch worried about the making new friends bit, though. It's difficult to leave a group of people that you've become so comfortable with. I'm not so arrogant to think that I won't be replaced, as I hope occurs, but I still feel a bit guilty leaving after only three years. Hopefully, since I'll be sitting with the same people in all of my classes for the next few years, I won't have any trouble getting to know some new people.
I suppose these are just small worries and jitters that come with change. This is something that I've been excited about for a while, so I'll get over them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Nice post, which reminds me, Alex Replacement Auditions this Friday 10:00 pm to 3:00am. Must have Car, brother in atm and quirky sense of humor. NO IRISH.
ReplyDelete